Announcement and Call for Papers
The main goal of the 11 th Iranian Statistical Conference is to bring together Statisticians from Islamic Republic of Iran and all around the world, to provide a forum for exchange of ideas in different branches of Statistics. We try to bring experts from different areas of research, and create a setting in which they have the opportunity to exchange ideas for further statistical developments. Some workshops are also scheduled to be held during the conference.
The conference will be held at the Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST) in collaboration with the Iranian Statistical Society on 28-30 August 2012.
Conference Themes: The main conference themes are:
1. Theory of Statistics:
Statistical Inference (101); Linear Models and GLMs (102); Bayesian Methods (103); Decision Theory (104); Nonparametric Methods (105); Fuzzy Statistics (106); Other related topics (107).
2. Applied Statistics:
Sampling (201); Regression (202); Time Series (203); Experimental Design (204); Computational Statistics (205); Spatial Statistics (206); Data Mining (207); Statistical Quality Control (208); Statistical Simulation (209); Actuary (210); Categorical Data Analysis (211); Statistical Modeling (212); Multivariate Methods (213); Other related topics (214).
3. Probability and its Applications:
Probability Theory (301); Stochastic Processes (302); Stochastic Systems (303); Distribution Theory (304); Reliability (305); Order Statistics & Record values (306); Information Theory (307); Other related topics (308).
Biostatistics (401); Vital Statistics (402); Survival Analysis (403); Statistics in Genetics (404); Longitudinal Data Analysis (405); Other related topics (406).
5. Official Statistics:
Small Area Estimation (501); Sampling Design (502); Imputation Techniques (503); Management in Statistical Systems (504); Notarial Statistics (505); Development of Health and Social Indicators (506); Inno vative Tools and Methods for Statistical Confidentiality (507); Measuring Poverty, Inequality and Income Distribution (508); Population Statistics (509); Application of New Technologies in Population and Housing Censuses (510); Other related topics (511).
6. Statistics Education:
Statistics Education (601); History of Probability and Statistics (602); Other related topics (603).
7. Statistics in Industry and Enginearing
Statistical Mechanics(701); Application of Statistics in Urban Planning and Urban management(702); Image Analysis(703); Statistics on Water and Power Industry(704); Nanotechnology and Statistics(705); Other related topics (706).
8. Statistics in other Sciences:
Statistics in Economics and Management (801); Agricultural Statistics (802); Statistics in Social Sciences (803); Behavioral Statistics (804); Statistics in Basic Sciences (805); Statistics in Meteorology (806); Other related topics (807).
9. Other fields
1. Invited Papers: 50 minutes general talks by invited speakers.
2. Contributed Papers: 20 minutes sessions for contributed papers.
3. Poster Sessions: 90 minutes sessions for posters presentation.
4. Workshops: On a variety of statistical topics.
5. Round-table Discussions: On Statistics and related topics.
6. Exhibitions: Software, Books and Data dissemination systems.
Instructions for authors:
1. Papers should be in English and discuss new findings in areas mentioned above and have not been published before.
2. Papers should contain title, author's name(s), institutional affiliation, abstract, keywords, introduction, body text divided by related sections and references, prepared according to the style file available from the conference website.
3. Papers should be prepared in LaTeX format according to the conference templete and style files.
1. All invited and selected contributed papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
2. The unpublished papers which are submitted or accepted elsewhere can only be presentated in the conference.
The conference is open to all academics, scholars, researchers, experts and students. All the participants are required to register via the conference website.
The registration fees can be paid upon arrival in the conference. The registration fee covers access to all scientific meetings, exhibitions and social programs. It also includes meals, all session materials and the proceedings of the conference.
Members of Iranian Statistical Society US $ 200
Other participants US $ 240
Students (proof of status required ) US $ 120
Accommodation fees will be totally borne by participants.
Participation in the conference is possible by registration only.
Registration later than May 10, 2012 will not be considered.
Hotel reservations will be made by the conference on request.
Deadline for submission of papers Dec 21, 2011
Notification of revised papers Feb 19, 2012
Deadline for revised papers Apr 19, 2012
Deadline for registration May 10, 2012
For further information and inquiries please contact
Rahman Farnoosh (Chairman of the organizing Committee)
Phone: (+9821) 73225427
Fax: (+9821) 77240302
Web site: http://iust.ac.ir/isc11
Address : School of Mathematics, Iran University of Science and Technology,
Narmak, Tehran, P.O.Box 16846-13114, Iran.