There are general as well as program-specific admission requirements.
General Admission Requirements
· Supplying Hardware/Software requirements
· General admission requirements of Iranian public universities
· Financial capability of paying related fees throughout the program
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
For all Bachelor degrees:
· Valid high school and Pre-university diploma in Math and Science majors.
Note: Due to restrictions in admission capacity, applicants with a greater high school GPA, a higher rankin the National General Board Examination (university entrance), and/or related backgrounds are given admission priority.
· All applicants must enroll the tentative semester, and only upon successful completion of the semester will finally qualify to register as student.
· Programs will be held only when the number of scholarly applicants exceeds the prescribed minimum.
For all Master degrees:
· A valid bachelor degree in the related fields, certified by the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology. Contact E-Learning Office for details.
The Learning Management system (LMS) portal is a technology driven platform that enables educational institutes to move teaching, training and learning initiatives and programs on the Internet for e-learning to take place. It provides Internet based infrastructure for teachers, instructors, trainers and program directors to manage and track a student's participation and performance in e-learning.
The focus of LMS portal is to have an e-learning platform that is program specific and conveniently scalable to changing needs. LMS portal aims at complementing the key tasks of the university. LMS portal will facilitate online creation of knowledge, its transfer and assessment. It will also provide a place for networking and developing a community of scholars online.
IUST LMS portal is a virtual learning environment. It offers a combination of learning, teaching and supporting materials together with new methods of communication with other students and instructors. Students can access information that is customized to their program and support needs without having to search the website to find information relevant to their studies. Program information will be tailored to the modules a student is studying in the semester. This is possible via the student’s unique login name and password.
Some of the main features of the IUST LMS Portal include communication tools such as:
· Communication between instructors and students via email, discussion groups and chat facilities. Allows students to ask questions and discuss them with other students or the instructor.
· Shared group areas that allow designated groups of students to upload and share files as well as communicate with each other. This can be especially useful for communication between students at different places.
· Delivery of learning resources and materials through the provision of learning and teaching materials links to other web resources, and online discussions .
IUST E-Learning Academic Calendar
The standard academic calendar consists of two semesters; the fall semester begins on September 14th, and the spring semester beginsmid-January. Each semester includes 16 weeks of instruction and 2 weeks of examinations.